Sunday, September 13, 2015

Dutton sorry for being caught out

Today, Mr Dutton told Sky News he regretted that his private conversation with the Prime Minister had distracted from the Government's announcement to resettle 12,000 Syrian refugees.

"I should have realised the mic was there and didn't, it was directly behind me but I made a mistake," he said.

"I apologise to anyone who's taken offence to it.

"It was a light-hearted discussion with the PM and I didn't mean any offence to anyone. If people have taken offence then they should accept my apology."

Deputy Labor leader Tanya Plibersek told Insiders the Immigration Minister's apology did not go far enough.

"He apologised for being caught, I don't think that should be the end of the matter at all," she said.

"He should be apologising to Pacific leaders and to Aboriginal Australians in Cape York.

She said Mr Dutton "seems to have insulted millions of people in one go" across the Pacific and had not apologised for it.


No comments: